Wednesday, July 21, 2010

After Worlds a New Season Begins...

Well, well, well, I stopped posting for a while. I wasn’t sure if anyone would ever see it so I sort of dropped it. Since my son has won his spot at the world championship tournament in Hawaii, lots of people have been asking me to explain the game of Pokemon. So I thought since I already wrote it all out I would just update my blog.

All the information about Organized Play, tournaments and leagues is still valid. Please read the earlier posts.

There are some format changes coming in September. All card sets that came out prior to Diamond and Pearl “Majestic Dawn” will be retired and only sets from Legends Awakened on will be “legal “ for tournament play. Level X’s are no longer being made and now there are new “Prime” Pokemon and 2 card legendary Pokemon. On a personal note my 15 year old will now be a master, not a senior so now instead of having to play his brother in every tournament he will probably have to play me. Since he beats me most of the time, I don’t think he minds very much.

Pokemon League is the best place for your child (and yourself) to learn about the game, the rules, how to play and find out how to build a deck. In the coming weeks I will be posting information about decks we have built, why we built them and how they work…or not. Your positive input, comments and questions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment